Tuesday 7 October 2008

Day 7 of 365: Sorry, You Were Out

Matt and I heard a knock at 10 this morning, but couldn't be arsed to get our butts out of bed. We suspected it might have been the guy to come read the gas meter -- which would mean Matt would have to disconnect the dryer and move it out of the way. We weren't prepared for physical labor before noon and once the reading would have been taken, they would have worked at light speed to immediately supply us with a fresh bill demanding payment.

So we ignored it.

Wouldn't you know, it was an attempt by Royal Mail to deliver a parcel to me!! Argh!!

Please Note: I love, love LOVE getting packages...and I hate, hate, HATE missing them.

Matt tried popping down to the post office twice before they shut at 1pm, but the lady had not returned from her deliveries with my parcel. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow.

Please Note: I struggle, struggle, struggle with the waiting.

Also, if you were wondering...Myst likes to inspect all mail that enters the letterbox. Quality control, baby.

1 comment:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

I love the look on the kitty's face! lol

I also got a package today.. But mine came at 8:30am!! We were sound asleep but I went to the window and raised a finger (no not the middle one) and he said he would wait.. Then Andy couldn't get the door open! HA HA But we finally got it. :)