Friday 10 October 2008

Day 10 of 365: I'm Not Eating Flipper!


This was from the trip tonight to Aldi to pick something up for dinner for when Emma and Daz came over. Matt points this out (photo above) and I had told him how "mahi mahi" is actually dolphin. He throws it back into the freezer saying, "I'm not eating Flipper!" We chose some pork escalopes instead, which we plan to have with mushrooms and curly fries.

*NOM NOM NOM*

To my surprise, when I get home, I learn on Wikipedia that although "mahi mahi" is commonly (and incorrectly) referred to as "dolphin" it is just a fish and not even related to the mammal. *gasp* My my, you learn something new every day, huh? All this time I thought it was dolphin and it's really just dolphin-fish. Thank you for educating me, Wikipedia!

In that case, break out some chips and let's douse these puppies in vinegar!!

2 comments:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

I tried to put vinegar on my chips the other day... based on all of the yummy suggestions I got on my bog and ... It was not the worst thing I have ever had and it was not the best thing I have ever had. However I don't think I'll be doing it again any time soon. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not huge on commenting but I definitely read your blog every day...very entertaining and I look forward to it...you always did crack me up :) I might even be starting my own soon since you game me the idea...A Year in the Lives of the Martinke Family :) lol. Anyway I'm super happy for you and excited for your upcoming wedding. Can't wait to see the pictures!