Thursday 16 October 2008

Day 16 of 365: Intrinsic & Extrinsic Motivation


Managed a brisk 5.27 miles today as I combined my Wordsley and Wall Heath circuit. This time, instead of coming down Broad Street and crossing Stream Road to head up to the flat, I kept walking past the pub on the corner of Cot Lane and Broad until I got to Summerhill and then went left towards Kiddeminster Road (A449). Just after I passed Summerhill School I decided to take this photo. I have seen people walking down this gravel lane, but it looks to be private property so I don't dare venture that way. Still, put the word "cottage" on the end of just about anything and it makes me think of the quaint little cottage where Cameron Diaz stayed in The Holiday. (Great film, by the way.) So, each time I pass this this drive, I picture a tiny little house tucked away in the trees...maybe a cute little thatched roof and smoke billowing out of a chimney from the fire. How cozy!

Also, another double piccy day because I couldn't resist...


You may wonder why this is such a big deal. Well, it's my first "silver seven" and quite literally! This is my weigh-in booklet for Weight Watchers (also what I affectionately call "fat camp"). Since I have been in England (1 Aug) I have lost half a stone, which is 7 lbs! It's not melting off as much as I would like, but slowly and surely, it's coming off. Last week my loss was 1.5 lbs. and I had another 1.5 this week as well -- so I'm stoked about 3 lbs. in just the past 2 weeks. Of course, I am careful as I don't want my wedding dress to fall off me in 16 days, but I'm happy nonetheless for an overall loss. Plus, look -- I got a shiny sticker!!

1 comment:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

Not to rain on your parade but that cottage is probably some broken down hut. ;) j/k I also imagine a cute little place with smoke coming from the fireplace.

Congrats!! 7 lbs is a big deal! :)