Friday 3 October 2008

Day 3 of 365: Nothing But Blue Skies Do I See


Where were climbing "webs" like this when I was a kid? Seriously?! I was limited to "penny drops" off the rusty ass monkey bars, where I would then fall into a pile of splintery wood chips.

The photo was taken at a park just off Cot Lane (not far from our flat). I keep joking with Matt that I want to come here with an open container (yes, alcohol) and blatantly drink it in daylight whilst playing on the playground equipment (did I mention I'm five?)...since there are no "open container" laws in the UK. Yep, you can pretty much crack open a 40 walking out of a shop and drink it on your walk back home. So this is definitely a UK experience I need to have.

Today was absolutely GORGEOUS!! I couldn't fight the sun teasing me from the front room window for long and shortly after noon, I set out for a walk on my Wordsley circuit. I was hoping for one photo op in particular, but the conditions weren't right...and I'll leave you all in suspense because I WILL get the photo someday...after all, I do have 362 more chances.

My Wordsley route takes me down Stream Road to The Old Cat Pub where I turn right and always walk up past King George V Park. I finally decided to go IN the park today since it always looks so inviting with vast green lawns past the old brick walls. I read the "Welcome to..." sign and learned that the area was originally part of Ashwood Haye, a part of the Royal Forest of Kinver dating back to the 18th century when it was basically fields belonging to farmers. I took a gander around the football fields and up a path towards the bowling green, but didn't see much to photograph.

By the time I got home my pedometer read that I had walked 3.67 miles...GO ME! Tomorrow is supposed to be "Breezy with Rain" and 55 degrees by 2pm. I reckon if I can get out before 10am, I can beat the showers.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Loving the no open container law! :D Of course, I would judging by my blog entry today. lol

Anonymous said...

why?! why are you so cute in your mannerisms? but where are the self portraits??? that is why you must join the flicker 365 project. it is 365 self portraits. arrrrgh!

Unknown said...

I would totally love to play on that with a 40. Looks like so much fun!

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

Yeah yesterday when Andy and I were getting off the train in Bolton the guy in front of me had an open can of Stella Artois just drinking it while we walked down the hallway to the main station.

Elynor said...

There are laws restricting alcohol in public spaces in some parts of the UK, actually.

Anonymous said...

So I think that since you can't work you should write a book! It would be great... I'd buy it. I just wanted to let you know that I am immensely entertained by your blog. I'm so glad to hear that everything is working out so well. Congratulations to you both and I wish you all the happiness in the world!

Your old Ida Avenue pal,
Ellie