Saturday 11 October 2008

Day 11 of 365: Day Late, Dollar Short...


Every week it's a mystery when we will get our THURSDAY papers delivered (look closely for the date the paper is printed). This week, like many others, it happened to be Saturday evening. Now, you may think, "what's the big deal," right. The big deal is that if there is something going on in the community, say on a Friday night or Saturday morning...like a live band or car boot sale...we don't find out until AFTER it has happened!! This honestly frustrates me to no end.

Matt and I have turned it into a game where we guess each night if it will be delivered and then try to rush to the door to have a word with the delivery girl before she scurries off. I nearly got her today, but she's a quick little vixen.

As a kid back in Hilliard, Ohio, I had the HUGE responsibility of delivering The Northwest News on my street. Trust me, people were on my shit about it, too. If they didn't have their paper by 6pm on Wednesday night, I got an earful and was likely to not get any extra pocket money from them when I collected for the paper each month. *sigh* The smile an extra dollar would bring to a 12-year-old.

Anyway, I think we finally need to break down and make a formal complaint about it. I didn't want it to come to this, but she leaves us no choice.

2 comments:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

You need your paper. I wouldn't stand for that once let alone every week... You can not miss out on a car boot sale! :)

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

I just noticed the label 'slacking newspaper girl'.. classic! :)