Monday 20 October 2008

Day 20 of 365: Another Rainy Day...


...in "sunny" Kingswinford of all places -- imagine that!

We spent the day in, well, most of it anyway. Matt's shift this week is 10pm-6:30am so we stayed up a bit late last night and I let him sleep a bit longer this morning. I contemplated a walk, but it was so bitterly cold inside the flat, I couldn't tear myself off the sofa and out of the front room for most of the morning.

We popped out later to run errands at Merry Hill and get something for tea. Tonight's menu, courtesy ASDA, consisted of Southern Fried Crispy Chicken and Potato Waffles -- all drenched (well, mine anyway) in vinegar...mmm! The grill and I are not friends at the moment -- we're fighting, because it burnt the waffles in a matter of 10 seconds as I was standing there checking and getting ready to pull them out. They didn't taste too awful, but I think we will do them IN the oven next time to avoid the same waffle-demise.

2 comments:

martinek2b said...

I love this picture!

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

I love pictures like this... with the rain on the window! I have been trying to get a perfect one but it looks like you beat me to it. ;)