Friday 29 October 2010

Y3 - 29/365: Preppin the Punkins


I know this one looks a bit odd, but it was taken from outside looking into the front room (hence the reflection of ivy against the glass)...just before Mister Sticky Fingers rolled the pumpkin off the ledge and I was forced to scurry back inside to make sure the pumpkin didn't go 'splat.'

Oh yes...I scurried.

But the catastrophe was averted as the stuffed Andrex puppy broke its fall. Sorry, puppy.

I did get some pretty cute snaps for Ryan's 10-month photos though...albeit a week later than intended.


Can you tell I've been craving Candy Corn? I have yet to find any here in the UK and it's probably my favourite Halloween candy ever. (click photo for larger view)

We had to do the photos inside this time, though I was hoping for a pumpkin-shoot out in the coloured autumn leaves. Sadly it's been way too cold and windy...and damp. So yeah, not good things if you want a healthy bab.

I thought we'd get the chance to carve them tonight as well, but it looks like we'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I haven't yet decided how to involve Ryan in this event. I remember carving pumpkins when I was a kid, but I fear Ryan will try to devour the innards...so maybe this is an activity better saved for next year. I may still allow him a little feel of the squishy bits, closely supervised, since I like him to experience as many sensory things as possible, but I think 2011 will be the year he can start to get stuck in with the carving bit...quite literally!

1 comment:

martinek2b said...

I love the monthly pics you take of Ryan each month with the cute sign next to him that tells his age :) I'm putting in a request for months 1-12 in series one after the other once Ryan is a year old. It will be great to see how he has grown and changed from month to month :)