Tuesday 7 September 2010

Year 2 Day 342: Everything in the Gob!


I wish I could take full credit for staging this photo, but my clever boy did this all on his own. Mhmm...no mommy is more proud than when her child tries to eat his own feet.


If you look closely in this photo (or click on the photo itself to make it larger) you can see the newest of toothy-pegs. It's the first time I've been able to capture a photo since it's arrival last week.

Nothing too exciting today. It has been gloomy and thunder-stormy outside so we have spent the day indoors and pretty much in our jammies! (Although I did change into my jeans.)

We played "Mommy-chase-Ryan" all over the front room and the very popular game of "No" and "Keep Out" where I get to pry the TV and telephone leads out of his sticky little baby hands. I'm telling you, he's QUICK!

When Matt returned home, Ryan was sat on my lap and we were singing along to some songs with cute little videos on You Tube. I learned the real lyrics to 'Teddy Bears Picnic' and discovered that no where in that song does it mention "see them in their underwear" as I previously thought. I used to think that song was hilarious when I was a kid for that very reason. I guess it just goes to show how silly I was and that I probably made up my own version and believed it to be the true one.

At one point, Ryan even dozed off on my shoulder for a bit, which surprised me as he was boycotting naps today. I guess the fatigue got the better of him. But he still went down at his normal bedtime, which his body has set to be about 9 o'clock. We start his routine around half-eight and by nine he is dried off from his bath, lotioned, dressed and happily nursing while Matt or I read him a story.

No comments: