Sunday 4 October 2009

Year 2 Day 4: Old Mother Hubbard...


Suffice it to say it's not only our cupboard, but the fridge too. At the moment, I can't think of any recipe that would make anything tasty using the following ingredients currently within: mushrooms, tomatoes, Old El Paso seasoning, 4 packets of tomato ketchup, spicy brown mustard, butter, 2 cheese singles, and a couple blocks of Edam cheddar cheese. I believe there is also half a carton of skim milk, some brown sauce and Reggae-Reggae sauce in the door compartment as well...although I don't think it makes much of a difference.

This whole 'kerfuffle' was caused because I'm supposed to get paid for tutoring before the end of each month. However, for whatever reason, the company forgot all about me this month and I've since spent a fortnight chasing up my money, getting a proper cheque sent to the CORRECT address, and then waiting for my bank to post the money (a cheque from the same bank as me) to my account. I was told it would be available Monday, but that means not using the debit card until we were certain the money is there, thus leaving us with little in the way of quick meal options.

Luckily, Sunday is 'Roast Dinner Day' at Em & Daz's and the ingredients in the fridge were not necessary.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Goody, someone else living in the United Kingdom!

Hi, I'm Gloria, I too packed up my life nearly 3 years ago and moved to the mountains of Andalucia Spain where I live with my hubby and two dogs. I still yearn for new of England though so it's nice to come across your blog.

Hope roast dinner at Em and Daz's was good and that your fridge has now been fed!!

Meg said...

Hi Gloria, welcome to the blog. I'd love to visit Spain sometime. From what my husband tells me it shouldn't be too hard now as airfare can be pretty reasonable from here.

::makes b-line to check out your blog as well::