Thursday 1 October 2009

Year 2 Day 1: Meg in the UK 2.0!


The show must go on!

I have now entered into another commitment to continue my 365 photo-blog for a second year. With a baby on the way in early December and a one-year wedding anniversary around the corner, how could I not?! What fantastic milestones to record! I don't want to miss these moments for anything.

I still haven't decided if I will try a different angle this time around, but I want to definitely make sure my photo each day is closely related to events that occurred on that day, if I can possibly help it. Let's face it though...I'm going to need a handicap of at least 15 kitty pics for the slow days. Thanks in advance for understanding.

I'm starting today fresh with a photo to represent the whole focus of the blog -- to take a photo of something related to each day of my life for one year. In this case...my second year (plus two months) living as an American in Great Britain.

Today's photo also signifies reflecting back on my first year of this photo-blog and how much things have changed. If you would have asked me to picture things as they are now back on the 1st of October 2008, I would have been in total disbelief. But despite the unexpected twists and turns of the past and present, I really wouldn't change a thing. At the end of the day, what happens in our lives is what molds us and makes us who we are -- and ultimately, I'm happy with who I am, who I'm with and where my life has taken me.

So year number two...BRING IT! Oh, and you're invited, too.

No comments: