Saturday 24 December 2011

Y4 - 85/365: The Eve


It has been a pretty uneventful day for the most part. We've done all our shopping and the presents are wrapped, so all we needed to do was get a bit from the grocery store to tide us over for the week...through Boxing Day, minimum.

I picked up some applesauce to make ornaments with cinnamon, but forgot to buy extra cinnamon and ended up limited to just a small jar at home, which I ran out of. I did my best to supplement with nutmeg, but the smell wasn't the same anymore.


Ryan really enjoyed stamping his little men and we will just have to see how they turn out in the morning. He also took a few "samples" but did a better job than previous attempts with edible ingredients when I asked him to stop.


For dinner we had a nice pizza (from Asda) and we watched The Polar Express I had set to record from this afternoon on ITV1. This was not only Ryan's first time seeing this film, but also sitting through a film that long. He squeeled at the start when the boy hears the train whistle from his bedroom and shouted, "choo choo!" So he knew what it was about!


By the end when Santa and his elves were in the square celebrating, Ryan was on his feet and jumping and dancing around!


All is quiet in the house now -- aside from the "gentle" sound of gunfire behind me from the Xbox. The bab is bathed and asleep, the "stage" is set for the Christmas performance and I'm ready to turn in for the night.

Roll on Christmas morning!!!

No comments: