Saturday 1 January 2011

Y3 - 93/365: 2011 Starts Off With a Bang...


Too bad it resulted in more laundry.

Welcome to the first of three wardrobe changes today. I don't think I need to go into great detail for anyone as to WHY these changes were needed...but we suspect apples and/or bananas to be the culprit.

Yeah...it was THAT fantastic!

The morning was pretty quiet and uneventful. Dear son has now gone a full week without waking in the night...full stop. No 4-5am meltdowns with Zombie-Mommy trying desperately to keep her eyes open so this, in turn, means I haven't felt as tired getting up with him in the morning. He nursed before we went downstairs and then 30-40 minutes later had a nice, warm bowl of Ready Brek. By 10am he was holding his arms up for me to cuddle him and I knew he was ready for his nap, so I nursed him once more and he napped soundly from 10:30am to 1:30pm!

He didn't get his usual cat-nap this afternoon and as a result, fell asleep on my shoulder around 7pm tonight at Emma's. When we got home later I got the bath ready straight away and it was bath, lotion, PJ's, story, cuddles/nurse, and bed. He was a bit stubborn this time going down and Matt and I had to tag the other in to get him to sleep, but in just under an hour we were both back downstairs and enjoying the peace and quiet.

I hope this is a good sign for the start of the year!

No comments: