Thursday 16 December 2010

Y3 - 77/365: You've Got Mail!


Ryan had his first bit of "Birthday post" today with a card from Ian and Patty! I opened the letterbox to an envelope addressed to "Master Ryan" and immediately knew who it was from. Once inside I called Ryan over to my lap and let him pull the card from the envelope. Usually when I get the mail I will give him the empty envelopes as his "mail" and he will walk around the room with it for ages...or step on it because he likes the crinkly sound of the paper under his feet.

As soon as he took one look at the card he grinned the biggest grin because he recognised Nok Tok and Yojojo from Waybuloo, and he LOVES Waybuloo. We read the card together and the sweet message inside and then Ryan slithered down from my lap, card in hand, and walked across the room opening and closing the card. I think it reminds him of our books with flaps and he loves opening and closing those, so already the card was a hit!

Thanks Patty & Ian!! xxx

1 comment:

The New Mrs. C said...

You're very welcome, Meg! :)

Glad you all liked the card. xx