Thursday 25 November 2010

Y3 - 56/365: Thanksgiving Greetings From Screeches-Like-Monkey


Oh hush...Ryan will thank me for this one day -- at least that's what I keep telling myself. At least I didn't go with my first instinct, which was to shoot pics of him with the headdress and just his nappy.

We didn't do any special Thanksgiving feast this year (again) and instead just had some jacket spuds and beans. Third year in a row I haven't had a proper Thanksgiving, but Matt and I agreed this will be the last. We both want Ryan to grow up having this tradition.

However, we still got to share in a special Thanksgiving surprise...


Ryan met his Great-Grandma, Nanny!!! Albeit via web cam, we bridged the Atlantic with the help of Skype and the World Wide Web!

My Aunt Lisa has Thanksgiving at hers each year now and I suggested a few weeks back that we could connect via web cam and everyone could say hello to Ryan. Sure enough, we saw her and my Uncle Tracey, along with my Aunt Kristine, Uncle Kyle, Uncle Jeff and Nanny. We also got to see my cousins Katey, Kameron, and Keaton...and his wife Jeanie. Ryan was so tickled to see people on the computer screen and he even gave them a little show with his walking/running skills as well as babbled "Dadadadadada" all over the place.

As much as I'd love to go back to America soon and see them all in person, we just can't afford it at the moment. For the time being though, this will work quite nicely, I think.

It was so nice to see everyone...and made a lovely surprise for my Nan!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!! xxx

No comments: