Monday 15 December 2008

Day 76 of 365: Road Works A-Head?


This traffic island statue has been this way for days -- sporting a bright orange traffic cone on his head. It's quite funny actually. Matt and I passed it late last week, but it was a bit rainy and I couldn't get my camera out of my bag fast enough. Today, however, we were on our way to Birmingham to drop off my time sheet and Matt did his best to drive slowly around the island so I could get a good shot. If I would have managed to get the giant "head on" you may have noticed the red poppy on his trusty shovel.

You have to give an "A" for effort though. These vandals didn't do a typical, unoriginal, messy spray-paint job. They used physical skill, balance and exertion to mount this large statue to even get the cone to the top of his head. I mean, if I were to stand next to this, I would say the bottom half of his shovel is nearly half my 5 feet of height alone.

I would have loved to have seen this act being carried out!

In the meantime, we have something to giggle about each time we pass by for now.

Oh...and in other news...it is my fantastic father-in-law's birthday. I believe a web-shout-out is in order...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVID!!!

1 comment: