Thursday 6 November 2008

Day 37 of 365: Hydration


This is my water bottle (hence the reason MY name is written on it) -- carefully marked off for my six 8 oz. servings of water I am supposed to drink daily. At the moment, I have gulped down 4.5, which leaves me less than 10 minutes to drink the remaining 1.5 (before midnight, DUH!). Considering how much I SOOO hate water, this may be a challenge.

I gained half a pound at my WW meeting this morning. My leader, Jane, asked if that was expected since I still had a grin on my face. I told her I actually expected worse as I had gotten married just over the weekend and gave myself permission to relax a bit and not count points for the week. I think 1/2 lb. wasn't too shabby considering the juicy, mouthwatering steak I devoured...not to mention some absolutely GORGEOUS tiramisu I plowed through the night before last. I'm proud of me anyway.

*takes a big gulp of what's left into a sloshy watery tummy*

3 comments:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

Ohhh.. I love water! Do you drink bottled water? That is actually the only way I can do it I hate tap water. 1/2 a pound is good since you let yourself enjoy the wedding food. :)

Beth said...

That's a great idea. Setting mini-goals with the water bottle. I hate water, too, unless it's sparkling and with lemon. I should probably start back with the WW points counting, too. I'm getting too squishy!

And, congrats on the wedding! Enjoy that tiramisu! That's my all-time favorite dessert! Good call. ;)

Holly Lane said...

Oh my gosh this is a good idea... why haven't I thought of this?!