Monday 17 November 2008

48 of 365: Migraine


I can't say it's the worst I've ever had, but it's probably the third biggest since I moved here in August. I was out and about by twenty past eight this morning to look after little Daisy. Her older brothers were dropped off at school and Daisy and I spent the morning together watching CBeebies, where I received a crash course in the characters of In the Night Garden. After Daisy's nap it was time to pick the boys up from school and I brought them back home to have their tea. I didn't get home until after 6 o'clock and realized soon after that a migraine was creeping up on me.

Matt was okay for me to stay behind while he went up to Em & Daz's for a bit since the best way for me to get rid of these is to be in a pitch black, cold room after doping myself up on Aleve or some other sort of Ibuprofen, etc. About 10 minutes after he left, he was back again. I was curious so I peeked out of the bedroom where I went to lie down, and here he made a stop to get me my caffeine fix!! I ran out of my soda and he surprised me by bringing me some right away rather than when he got back for the night. I know it sounds so silly, but it was really a sweet thing to do considering the headaches I get when I start to go through withdrawal.

Best hubby everrrrrr!

1 comment:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

I have had only two migraines in my life and I have never felt such pain. All I wanted to do was be in a dark dark room with NO NOISE! I was also very sick to my stomach during them. *ugh* I hope you feel better.