Wednesday 5 November 2008

Day 36 of 365: Quality Control


Matt and I popped into our local Somerfield tonight to get a few things for dinner and a tin of tuna for Myst. I noticed this whilst walking down the refrigerated aisle and it made me giggle. I wasn't sure if it was to promote something to do with the police force and personal safety or deter shoplifting.

A young boy walked past at one point and brushed up against it by accident. He turned around right away and mumbled "sorry" and then did a double take when he must have realized it wasn't real. Then a man down the same aisle saw him do this and commented, "made you think twice, didn't it?" The boy's face turned red and he grinned and walked away.

Makes me wonder how effective a cardboard cutout of a law enforcement agent really is. I know I still can't take them too seriously in those little Charlie Chaplin hats.

England is funny.

2 comments:

Callie said...

also, I am sooo tempted to do this 365 project as well. But I aleady spend way too much time on the internet!

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

That is very funny! Did you make it out to any bonfires/fireworks?