Friday 17 June 2011

Y3 - 260/365: Brush-a, Brush-a, Brush-a

I had a long trip to Yardley Wood Rail Station today to teach Year 2. It was a mile and a half walk to the school and surprisingly not bad. The children were well-behaved for the most part with a few small squabbles, but nothing unexpected for a supply post. I made certain to tell them what a lovely day I had with them and they actually THANKED me at the end of the day for teaching them!

How polite!! Schools in Birmingham don't often house children with this degree of kindness. It was refreshing.

Matt decided it would be a pizza night and he took off for a bit to Daz's leaving me and the little guy to handle bedtime without him for the night. He's getting better at brushing his teeth properly and even likes to check in the mirror that he's getting them right. It's sweet.

When it was story time I did my part and then he immediately chanted "Daddy, dada" wondering where Matt was to take his turn with Baby Bear, Baby Bear What Do You See? However, tonight Ryan had to go straight to picking up his sheep, flipping his light switch to 'off,' and getting zipped up into his sleep-sack before a milky nightcap.

Sweet dreams to my Little Prince.

No comments: