Wednesday 25 August 2010

Year 2 Day 329: A Stand-Up Act


There was no comedy tonight, however, when I witnessed my eight-month-old pulling his entire baby body to stand at the walker...wow! He had done it only once a few weeks back when I went with Emma to the cinema (Matt sent me a text while I was in watching the film to report that he had done this), but this was the first time I saw with my own eyes, that he used his own initiative to pull himself up.


I did have to keep my foot on the base so it wouldn't slip out from under him.


But there you have it! All on his own! It's a toss-up whether we will see him crawl or walk first. I know boys, as a rule, tend to hit things developmentally slower than girls sometimes, but I will do everything I can to support and encourage what he is ready to move onto next!

No comments: