Sunday 22 November 2009

Year 2 Day 53: Let's Go To The Movies



Tonight was THE night! Em and I along with Jennifer, Lyndsey, and her daughter Deanna all joined forces at Showcase Cinemas to see the long-awaited continuation of the Twilight series, New Moon. The theatre was absolutely rammed, even for a non-opening-night showing, and as a result we ended up in the very front row. Still, it would take more than a bit of blurred vision at the start to tear us away -- we've waited too long for it! I even managed to sit over two straight hours nursing my Tango Blast without having to get up for any potty emergencies -- go me! The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the THIRTY MINUTES of previews and adverts at the beginning...so the 6:00pm start time was in reality 6:30pm. What happened to back in the day when you could time your arrival to the theatre by getting there about 7 minutes late, just enough time for the film itself to start?

I was more pleased with this one than previously with Twilight. There was a lot more action in my opinion and although not dead-on, it was closer to being true to the book. I know there are many friends of mine who weren't as impressed, but I do think our particular group all enjoyed it anyway. What is even better this time around is that we won't have to wait an entire year to see the next one as it will be out by next summer.

Yes, please!

No comments: