Sunday 15 November 2009

Year 2 Day 46: Five Days!



Not that anyone would be counting down or anything, but in only FIVE GLORIOUS, FANTASTIC days, New Moon opens in cinemas here. In fact, I think Em and I have been only counting down...well...pretty much since we saw Twilight last year after having been hooked on the book series. We're not the only ones either...I can think of plenty I could name, but they know who they are. It's like a secret society of Twili-holics or something. Twi-hards I think the paper called them tonight.

We've known for a while now that this day has been coming and many jokes have been made about whether or not I will be 'okay' to go. I made bunny sign a 'verbal' contract (1 kick for "yes," and acid-indigestion for "no") that he would not be making any appearances before the 20th of November and I plan on holding him to it. Otherwise I see naked baby pics coming out the first time he brings home a date -- which I'm pretty sure will secure his promise.

Come Friday evening, rain or shine, Em and I will be comfortably seated at a theatre of our choice, eyes possibly glazed-over through the ridiculous 20 minutes of previews and adverts (NOT of our choice)...but complete with Tango Blasts in hand (wearing adult nappies if need be -- at least I will prepare to be -- to avoid leaving throughout to pee, as this IS serious business after all) and ready to view the long-awaited New Moon.

Squeeee! Can't wait!!

All of this of course while the men-folk (Matt & Daz, that would be you pair) sit at home enjoying all the Call of Duty you can handle while you have an additional 'Call of Duty' to watch little madame.

Wait...what's that? You don't recall signing up for babysitting...oh yeah...we sort of volunteered you, so, this would be your notice then. Enjoy!!

And to baby Amy...I think I overheard Uncle Matt wishing he had some advance practice of changing a dirty nappy...so feel free to work your magic.  

*wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

1 comment:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

I can't wait for this!!! :) Text me when you are out to let me know what you thought of it. We are going to the 7:00pm show.