Tuesday 19 June 2012

Y4 - 263/365: Peter Piper?


I was teaching locally today but Matt was also at work, so Ryan spent the day with Nana and Grandad. The Year 2 class I had was fab! There was no raising of my voice, I did my Whole Brain Teaching exercises and they responded fairly well to them. The children got on with their work and for the most part got on with one another. Several of the pupils even came to me at the end of the day and asked if I would please come back and teach them again. It was honestly a breath of fresh air and I loved it. I was even more pleased when the teacher told me I'd be covering her class again tomorrow.

Matt returned home with Ryan with the news that he hadn't had a nap all day and my little man came running up to me calling, "Mama, Mama, Mama!" with a grin spread across his face. As a treat, I got out his recorder and we put on some music and danced and played to the rhythms. He absolutely loves dancing and music! In fact, by the time bath & bedtime rolled around, I was getting demands to sing 'Teddy Bear's Picnic' over and over before he settled on my lap for his milk.

Tomorrow he's off to the childminder whom he hasn't seen in nearly 7 weeks so it will be interesting to see how he gets on. Roll on Wednesday!!

No comments: