Thursday 14 June 2012

Y4 - 258/365: Best Daddy...Best Mates


I texted Matt from school today to see how Ryan went down for his nap and check in with how his day was going, but I never got a response. I was only set to work half a day so I resigned myself to walking home from the station at that point. It wasn't until I was walking towards the train station in Birmingham that I finally had a phone call. Matt explained that for the first time since he was an infant, Ryan had fallen asleep on him and they even had a little kip together. Ryan had come to Matt around half-eleven and they snuggled up whilst watching something on the telly and before long they were both spark out...for about 2 hours!

I've mentioned yesterday how their bond has strengthened with this time Matt has had off work, but it's quite sweet to witness first-hand because it's true. Matt has always felt close to his son, but what parent wouldn't give anything to be able to be home with their little one instead of at work if they could.

Growing up, my older brother was never close to my Dad and while my little brother wasn't particularly close either, they at least shared some things in common. I love how I can see such a closeness with the pair of them now and it only reaffirms how I believe this will be a life-lasting parent-child friendship between them.


It's even to the point where Ryan is starting to look out for Daddy a bit more too -- giving him a back rub all on his own!!

I hope he won't be too hurt when Matt returns to work full time again next week.

No comments: