Monday 11 June 2012

Y4 - 255/265: In the Palm of My Hand


A long or stressful day is always eased by the gentle touch of a tiny hand.

Upon returning home, he climbed into my lap as he watched Peppa Pig. I felt his soft curls tickle my cheek when he leaned back into my shoulder. From the corner of my eye I could see his lips curling into a smile  in reaction to whatever it was Daddy Pig was doing. Then his hand slipped down and into mine before his fingers clenched my palm.

He doesn't know it yet and won't likely understand until he is a parent, himself, but his touches, squeezes and cuddles are like a natural drug to me. I can be in the worst mood or down about anything and it makes it all go away for that moment because all I want to do is forget everything else and enjoy the present. After all, it's a full working week for me, so I'll take every second I can get.

No comments: