Sunday 3 July 2011

Y3 - 276/365: Walk a Little Slower...


Although today is not actually Independence Day in America, I decided Ryan would wear his only item of clothing at the moment that is red, white and blue. I don't know what the weather will be like tomorrow and for all I know it will be too cold for short sleeves outside, knowing this country, so I seized the day and had him wear it simply so I could get some photos. Plus, I got it off the bargain table at Primark for just £1 and although it's a size 18-24 month tee, you can tell he will outgrow it in a matter of weeks.

Gotta love Primark.


Matt did Sunday dinner so Em, Daz and Amy were at ours and Grandad Mick came to visit as well after we ate. I had taken the kids for some fresh air in the garden right around the time he showed up.

One of the final photos I had taken before we headed back in reminded me of a poem that was inside Matt's recent card for Father's Day, so I'll share the photo and the poem here. (I found both to be very sweet and I can't wait to have it printed and framed with the poem.)


"Walk a little slower, Daddy,"
said a child so small,
"I'm following in your footsteps
and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
for you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
you're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
and know that I was true;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
for I must follow you."

No comments: