Tuesday 5 January 2010

Year 2 Day 97: Silence!



I began feeling a bit poorly late last night and woke up this morning feeling even worse. My day was spent entirely in bed, waking up only long enough to give Ryan a feed and change his nappy before putting him back in his Moses basket and returning to my own pillow. Matt even decided to stay home to keep an eye on us. When he returned from the chemist with a thermometer, I learned I had a low-grade fever of 100.8, which explains the achy feeling and chills.

Ryan was pretty inconsolable at one point and it didn't help that I was feeling miserable, so I brought out the heavy artillery. Oh yeah...the hairdryer. White noise works wonders, folks! I had Matt turn it on full and hold it (pointed upward) while I changed his nappy.

Thankfully, the fever slowly went down and broke before midnight.

No comments: