Saturday 22 May 2010

Year 2 Day 234: Honey, Where's The Cat?


So, I should start by saying that Myst is strictly an indoor cat -- but he doesn't know this. It's not uncommon for him to "slip" out the door when we're coming and going, but he always stops at the bottom of the steps trying to decide what move to make next. By this time we usually catch up to him and manage to tell his furry butt off...right back into the house.

Today Matt came into the front room asking if I had seen the cat. We searched the usual places...upstairs on the bed (where he also isn't allowed), under the settees in the front room, his food dish, the landing at the top of the stairs...all showing no signs of Myst.

Matt figured he would just come out when he was ready and went back to what he was doing. I, however, was more curious so I went upstairs where I could get a good view of the entire back garden. I was surprised at what I saw, so I grabbed my camera and came down the stairs laughing hysterically. He must have slid out the small opening in the dining room window (as most windows here don't have screens) and was settled comfortably sunbathing in the middle of our bluebells.

The funniest part is that the goofus didn't even try to run away. He just sat here as if to say, "So what...I do this all the time. No biggie."

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Awww that is the sweetest thing! Love that Myst boy!