Saturday 14 March 2009

Day 165 of 365: Snackage


My husband can be a bad influence sometimes, but I must admit...I do like the frogs.

I did a practice run tonight for next week in my mother-in-law's car. I feel more and more comfortable each time I drive and I'm feeling much more confident at traffic islands. All being well I will be driving myself to work Monday and Tuesday.

I've been set up with a couple of trial days at a larger school near Kingsheath. It's only for half-day posts, but working with a group of Year 6 pupils to prepare them for their upcoming exams. If it works well by Tuesday, this will be a long-term spot until the end of May.

*crossing my fingers*

4 comments:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

Have they had you added to the insurance yet? I want to start practising myself but am scared to ask my Father in Law to add me to the insurance cause I think it will be way high with me not having a UK License.. Have you had any trouble with it?

Kris said...

Yum, I love Heribos.

Good luck driving next week. It is pretty frightening driving over here! I've been driving ever since the first day we arrived. I had to just throw myself right in. I love driving here now. It's been over a year, but I still don't have my UK license. Our Insurance Company didn't seem to mind as my American husband has his UK license. I'm putting it off as long as I can :) I know an American that's lived here for almost eight years. She drives here and everything and she still doesn't have a UK license!

Meg said...

It only added about £3/month to MILs insurance. Not bad at all, actually. Having a UK license has nothing to do with it.

I don't know that I will push my luck to not get my license altogether, but I do want to get in as much practise as possible. I'm hoping within a few months I'll have earned enough to get my cats here AND pick up a cheap little beater so I won't be bogarting her car anymore.

The New Mrs. C said...

I'm nervous about learning how to drive...but excited at the same time. :) Let us know how you do!

And also good luck with the job this week...hope it works out for you and you're there until the end of May...then kitties can be there soon!