Monday 2 March 2009

Day 153 of 365: Jackpot!!


Would you believe this lovely little treasure was discovered hidden within the Year 1 class where I supplied today? Well, if you take a closer look at the envelope, you will see that this money wasn't intended to be hidden (and the pupil who cleverly hid it has yet to be found). It is the dinner money for the week for three different children and a young "sticky fingers" decided it wasn't going to make it to the office with the register this morning -- they seemed to have other plans.

Another very honest child alerted me to it's hiding spot where the envelope had been torn open and each bill was scattered underneath a plastic tray.

I promptly returned it to the office and suspect tomorrow myself and the TA will need to do a bit of undercover work to find the culprit.

2 comments:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

How funny is that? lol You can be a detective tomorrow... how cool is that! :)

Meg said...

To be honest, I had that split second before my adult conscience set in and I thought...'that is a lot of money...'

Good thing I am an honest person. And I'm super proud of the student who told me about it. He was like, "Miss, I found some money" and just handed it over.