Friday 6 March 2009

Day 157 of 365: Organised Chaos


The classroom I was in this week had a picture timetable so the children knew what was coming next. I didn't use it much because every time it would get fixed in the proper order, one of the sneaky ones would come along and move all the tiles around and take off the blue-tac to play with. I was always kept up to date where the blue-tac was: so-and-so's pocket, you-know-who's nose, the new girl's hair, etc. It proved to be too much however, so the timetable was "off-limits." (Yeah, like THAT's gonna stop them.)

While the children were at lunch, I set up the timetable in one last attempt to keep the questions to a minimum about when we were having our surprise.

Q. How long do you think it lasted?

A. (I'm so NOT kidding) LESS than 30 seconds upon their arrival.

Hmm, I wonder why I am so glad they all have parents to return to for the weekend. I will take time now to enjoy my own weekend...child-free.

No comments: