Monday 23 July 2012

Y4 - 297/365: Alphablocks & Crafty Meg


We've found a home for Ryan's new Alphablocks phonics tiles. Some of the sets I've seen before had little nylon storage bags so I was really surprised to see that all the magazine included were the tiles and nowhere to keep them. I tend to save tubs and pots from food when they're empty and I discovered that my Betty Crocker cake icing tub was perfect with a little rectangular hole in the top to post the letters through!


In other crafty news, I've completed my very first Pinterest project!!


Our friends Tony and Emma are getting married this Friday and we're traveling down to Torquay for their wedding. I asked Emma a while back if there was a special song that she and Tony shared and she gave me Savage Garden's 'I Knew I Loved You.'

It was really simple to make. We picked up a nice shadow-box type frame over the weekend along with some red and cream cardstock and coloured thread. Then I printed the lyrics in a nice font onto the cardstock and cut out a tree silhouette (after many, many poor attempts) before putting it into the frame with foam dots to make it stick off the black background a bit. The only thing I wished I could have added were three heart shapes punched into the "trunk" of the paper tree for each of their gorgeous kids, but all my crafty hole punches are back in the States.

I'm really anxious now to give it to them, so I hope they like it. I thought it would be a really nice way to remember their beautiful day.

No comments: