Welcome to our home, shiny, new, nuker-of-food!!
About 2-3 weeks ago, our old microwave, inherited from Matt's Nan, had a bit of a mishap. It's last "breath" came in the form of a *POP* and then *fizz* -- complete with flashing blue pyrotechnics display. To say it "went out with a bang" would be an understatement. Since then, instead of being able to have a meal in 5-7 minutes, we've had to oven-bake everything, adding at least 30 minutes onto cooking time.
Then, tonight we got a call from MIL and FIL to say we have a belated wedding gift awaiting us. Matt guesses right away that it MUST be a microwave as it was the one thing he could think of that we really needed. So we picked it up earlier and unveiled it's shimmery greatness.