Wednesday 3 February 2010

Year 2 Day 126: Hog Wild


So...it's FINALLY here and what a journey it has had! Sit back and read up on the travels of a parcel from Kenton, Ohio, USA and how it took twice as long as it should have to reach me. Oh...and my kid is in the picture there...somewhere.

Let's start at the beginning.

My Nan, Ryan's Great-Grandma is so tickled about her first Great-Grandson that she decided to go "hog wild" (in her words) and purchase/send a few things for him. And boy she wasn't kidding.

She sent everything from the post office on the 13th of January and for the next 10 days kept following up through my aunts and cousin on Facebook to see if I had gotten anything. With the way Royal Mail was running lately, I didn't expect anything at least until the end of the month.

We finally checked the tracking number and it said the item was delivered on the 20th of January, however, I wasn't aware of this as it certainly wasn't delivered to me. Eventually we were able to find out through Royal Mail and Parcel Force that the package was sent to the old flat in Kingswinford despite my Nan being certain she sent it to our current address. Thankfully we know the landlord, so Matt phoned her up and she stopped by the flat yesterday to get it. Matt then went to her house to pick it up and I had it late last night.

I was shocked to see such a big box and ecstatic at the contents. Ryan is such a lucky little boy to have so many people in America who love him and an incredibly generous Great-Grandma at that. She also included a few things for us as well, some Christmas bath towels and Willow Tree Figurines.

The most precious of all was a hand-written letter to Ryan. It will definitely be something he can cherish even after he outgrows all the adorable outfits and toys.

Thanks, Nanny! We love you!!!

No comments: