Friday 28 August 2009

Day 332 of 365: They're Here!


All twenty-three of them! Baby Bennett's library has OFFICIALLY started!!

I joined a children's book club over the weekend with the promotion of this set of small hardbacks for an absolute STEAL -- just £4.99 for the lot! Of course, like many clubs, I must buy 4 more books in my first year with the club -- which will not be difficult. They even make it easier now because I can decline the Editor's Choice each month in advance via the web so I won't have to bother with sending a book back each time.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that Beatrix Potter is one of my favourite author/illustrators of all time and in fact, 'The Tale of Peter Rabbit' was the first story I learned to read on my own when I was only three. I was quite lucky to have had a dedicated mom with the time to read to me from the time I was just a baby.


Luckily Matt enjoys reading too (although I can't say that he has an obsession like mine with any children's books). Either way, our son will be blessed that his daddy and I can share our love of literature with him as well.

So, this is where I ask you, my readers...what is YOUR favourite children's book of all time? Is it one you read to your own children or one you remember growing up? Leave a comment and share your book suggestions!

8 comments:

The New Mrs. C said...

When I was much younger I loved "Green Eggs and Ham."

As I got older, I loved the Romona Quimby series. Also Fudgeamania.

Natalie said...

"Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" is my all time favorite children's book...ever! It will be a must-have in our collection when we have kids.

Erin said...

Because you're having a little boy. . . you need a copy of "Love You Forever" by Robert N. Munsch. . . which reminds me that somehow we have 3 in this country, would you like one?

Meg said...

Funny enough Erin, I LOVE that book too and it's definitely on the list!!

Nissa said...

Aaron suggested "The Pokey Little Puppy", "Where The Wild Things Are", and "Guess How Much I Love You" by Sam McBratney. My kids love the Mercer Mayer's "Little Critter" books, so you might want to look into those as well!

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

'Where the Wild Things Are'

http://www.amazon.com/Where-Wild-Things-Maurice-Sendak/dp/0060254920/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251549566&sr=8-1

'The Rainbow Goblins' was always a favorite and I still have the same book I had when I was little.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0500277591/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p14_t1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1YNTF7D1V28EJZ9PA4NE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938131&pf_rd_i=507846

And of course.. 'The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh'

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Tales-Winnie-Pooh/dp/0525457232/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251549665&sr=1-5

hachiko said...

i love your blog :) and i try to improve my english with reading your blog , thanks a lot ..
by the way, your family and you are so sweet ..
love,

Helen said...

I love those Beatrix Potters. Fabulous stuff! 'Two Bad Mice' is my favourite.