Tuesday 13 March 2012

Y4 - 165/365: "I Don't Wanna Get Up!"


As I've had a fair amount of consistent work lately, Ryan has been having some early mornings. He goes down at night around  8 or half-past (any earlier and he won't stay down) and then on a morning I generally come to wake him around half-six as I have to catch a train by 7 and we can't leave him home despite the train station being only less than a mile from the house -- as tempting as it is to give him the chance to sleep that little bit longer. He's usually up on his own by 7 or just after, so you wouldn't think just thirty minutes would make much of a difference...but boy is he like his Daddy some days when it comes to waking him up before he's ready.

Just this morning I came in, turned off his fan and night-light, turned ON the room light...and I even gently nudged him.

Nothing.

I tried again and called his name softly.

Nada.

It took a good two minutes before he even opened his eyes and even then all he wanted to do was go back to sleep.

Poor little sleepy bug.

No comments: