Saturday 28 February 2009

Day 151 of 365: I'm Not Ready for 5th Gear!


We had a late-night driving practice tonight since there was less traffic on the roads. It went well and I'm getting better at maneuvering traffic islands. At one point Matt pointed out to me, "hon, the car does have fifth gear, you know." My instant reply to this was, "well I'm not ready for fifth gear!" In my defense, my concentration was focused more on the unfamiliar roads and speed limit.

As much as I joke, a special mention to DH for his good deed today as well. We were leaving Lloyds at Merry Hill when we hear a thud behind us. At first it looked like a pram had tipped over because all we could see were wheels, but after a closer look, I saw gray curly hair belonging to an elderly woman. Her chair had fallen backward and she smacked her head off the floor pretty hard. Matt was behind her in seconds helping her back up and telling her not to panic. She assured him she was okay and thanked him for his help.

I think this world could use more people who don't give a second thought to helping someone else. I'm also glad my husband is one of those people.

1 comment:

The New Mrs. C said...

You'll get there. I KNOW you will. :)