Thursday 11 June 2009

Day 254 of 365: Meg, Matt & Baby Makes 3!


Yep, exactly what it looks like it is...a Bennett in-the-making! I had my first scan today at Russell's Hall and Matt and I learned that our little bean isn't 12 weeks, but 14!! The due date has gone from the 22nd of December to the 10th. It has to be THE most amazing moment of my life (right up there with our wedding, of course). The baby was all squirmy and I joked with Matt that it better not have my T-Rex arms and midget legs. It was almost a bit like a bobble-head...but still so precious and I loved every second!

We actually discovered we were pregnant Easter weekend (when we moved to the new flat). This has since put us back on the net searching for something with a bit more room and preferably out of Dudley. It's not awful, but we just enjoyed Kingswinford so much more.

Anyway, they said it was too early to determine the sex, so it will have to wait till my 20-week scan in July (which thankfully is after school breaks up for the summer). I also got a letter in the post today that I didn't get chosen for the summer job, but to be honest, nothing can bring me down today...so I'll just keep looking for something else. No worries.

We told Matt's family (parents, sister & her fiance) as soon as we knew, but then told my Nan in the States on Mother's Day (US). It just happened that my aunts were all there at the house with her and they got the news as well.

Today was THE DAY, however...when the gag-order had been lifted and I was finally allowed to announce it on my facebook OFFICIALLY. I can't believe I was able to hold it in so long.


Look what we made!!

10 comments:

Brianne said...

OMG! Congrats Meg! You are going to be a wonderful mummy! Tell Matt I said congrats, too. The baby is going to have an English / American accent! It is going to be very sweet.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you both...congratulations!

Kim said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

YAY!!!!!! How cute is he/she? :)

Elynor said...

Aw, congratulations! How exciting!

geeta said...

Congratulations!! Best 365 ever!

Meg said...

Thanks, everyone! How funny is this though...the kid will have British citizenship BEFORE me!! Hehe.

sevans said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Valerie said...

Awesome :) I think it's a boy... ;)

Big Goob said...

Congrats!!