Friday 29 May 2009

Day 241 of 365: Just a Little Walk in the Park


When I saw the sun wasn't about to go away any time soon today, I decided to high-tail it to Himley Hall & Park for a little walk around. It has been closed the past couple of days for some unknown reason and each time I drive by the main gates, I want to go in. So, today I did just that.

There's a small, yet gorgeous lake where people have sailboats and there are ducks all around. People were all comfortably lounging on blankets while kids played fetch with their dogs and dads did airplanes with their toddlers. It was really relaxing.

Himley Hall itself is a stately home that dates back to the 18th century and the grounds surrounding are beautiful.

I took a little gander back into the woods a bit and discovered this...


Not on the grandest of scales in terms of waterfalls, but it had a soothing little trickle. Plus, I discovered a family of ducks with some ducklings...so I stalked them for a while until my camera battery died.

Sadly, the weekend is already upon us and that can only mean one thing. Just two more days of peace and quiet before I'm back in a classroom of well-rested 10-year-olds.

Better enjoy it now!

1 comment:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

Very beautiful! It was bright and sunny (and hot at around 72) here all day. I need to do some more looking around to find cool places like this around me, I am sure they are out there just gotta go find them. lol