Wednesday 15 July 2009

Day 288 of 365: Not Going Anywhere for a While?


I didn't make it back tonight until about 10 minutes to eight. My very first Parents' Evening wasn't as intimidating as I expected. I think when you join a class once the year is nearly over, you worry that the parents may not like you or think you're not good enough to teach their child. This was a concern of mine, but as I learned, an invalid one. The parents I met (some for the first time) were so supportive and friendly -- a big change from the schools where I taught in North Carolina. To be fair, as expected, the ones I "needed" to speak to on more serious matters didn't show...but the ones I did meet were just lovely.

It's so nice to have such positive feedback. The only sad part is that I won't be returning to the same school this Autumn because the upcoming class is so small, they're combining classes and won't need the additional staff member. A shame for me, really, because I have grown attached to the children in the short amount of time I've been there. I'm lucky to have had such a great year group.

Best of luck to my Year 5'ers!! x

No comments: